Sunday, February 12, 2012

Extra Credit Blog

What topics really confused you?


Topics that has confused me most would be the Cell Chapters, because we spent the least time on those chapters due to the class's prior knowledge of cells.  However, our textbook discussed new concepts and specific ideas in depth where biology honors did not.


What topics do you feel very clear on?

The topics I feel very clear on includes ecology, ecosystems, and animal behavior; because, I had extra time in the summer to read over the chapters and the pill bug lab/ class discussions helped reinforce my reading. 


What lab/ activity was your favorite? Why?


The pill bug lab and the pond water activity were my favorites, because I like taking care of pets. With the lab, I was able to reinforce my understanding of the textbook and care for organisms.


What lab/activity was your least favorite? Why?


The cell respiration lab and bean growth lab were my least favorite, because they required a great amount of time.  My mistakes and miscalculations led to dire consequences and the lost my own and my group members' time. 


If you could change something about the class to make it better, for instance the type of homework (not the amount) what would it be and why?


I believe that our class needs a clearer list of assignments along with their due dates( such as online quizzes, blogs, etc.) provided, since I often find my classmates and myself confused over what is assigned and when each assignment is due.  

No comments:

Post a Comment